I am SO excited to be sharing this pattern with you all! It is one of my Favorite Creations!
I’ve always been in love with all of those huge tall giraffes you see in “rich” nurseries… (see where I got my inspiration here!) It really wasn’t in our budget to spend a lot on adorable accessories… have to keep to the priorities in mind you know (think diapers! :P) But I decided to tackle this one as a DIY and came up with this adorable stuffed giraffe. I love her. She’s really mine more than my daughters. 😉
I couldn’t keep this pattern to myself, so I’m sharing it with all of you so you can make one for your children (or yourself! Haha!)
She is a bit lazy and lays down all the time… But that’s because I was lazy and didn’t want to have to figure out how to build a frame to support a big giraffe standing up! The result is still lovable though.
The above pattern pieces and the following materials & instructions make a 20″ tall (tummy to ears) 20″ long (tip of leg to tail) Stuffed Giraffe.
You will need:
1. 1 yard fabric for the Body of Giraffe (with thread to match)
2. 1/4 yard of fabric for Spots (with thread to match)
3. 1 Spool of Yarn (preferably matching the color of the spots)
4. Black Felt for Eyes (with thread to match)
5. A least one Bag of Poly Fill to stuff your Giraffe.